About Me:

I was born July 11th, 2012 at 11:23 pm. This is my blog.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What's all the fuss about?

I'm 11 weeks old today!  

I've been really fussy for the past week.  At first, Momma thought it might be a growth spurt, because I'm due to have one any time now.  But I havent been cluster feeding like I usually do during a growth spurt.  She noticed that I have been drooling a lot more than usual (I usually blow spit bubbles, but that seems to be a side effect of my reflux.)  She also noticed that I have been trying to stick anything that gets near my face into my mouth.  She did some research online, and it looks like I might be teething already!  She read that babies can start teething as early as 3 months, even though they may not get their first tooth until 6 months old.  We went to babies r us and got some teething rings.  I hate them.  I'd rather have soft, squishy things.  Momma is going to try to semi-freeze a washcloth and see if I like it better.  Anyone else have other teething tips?  

Also, I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I stink!  Momma noticed a funky smell coming from me even after I'd been bathed.  She discovered it was my neck.  Ewww, gross!  It's apparently very common that chubby babies get icky necks.  She called the Pedi and got some ointment because it seems like it might be a yeast infection.  Yuck!  That could also be contributing to my fussiness.  I'm not sure what exactly is bugging me, but I am pretty vocal about my discomfort.

On a positive note, I've started sleeping longer at night.  I usually fall asleep around 8pm and sleep til midnight.  A 4 hour stretch of sleep is awesome for everyone, but Momma and Dad wish I would start later.  For some reason, they dont want to go to bed at 8pm.  Once I wake up to eat at midnight, I sleep for either 2 or 3 hour blocks until about 6am.  I still hate taking naps, but I've started to doze around 9:30am, 11:30am and 2 pm.  I dont usually sleep more than 20-30 minutes.  Momma is still trying to lay me in my bassinet when I look sleepy, but I get really mad at her for it.  I dont want to have to lay down!  There's too much to look at and too much to learn.  I dont want to miss anything!  Plus, I really like being held.  I've only just started enjoying my bouncy chair...though not for more than 10  minutes or so.  She keeps saying that once we move to the Bay, it will be easier because she can swaddle me for naps.  I'm not sure that will make a difference because being swaddled while I'm awake makes me angry!  I guess we'll see...

I'll post some new pictures soon, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment