Editors Note: If you'd like to get email updates instead of having to check the website and hope there's been an update, please sign up to receive email updates (link is on the right)! Thanks!!
Today, I turned 6 months old. I've got my 6 month checkup on the 22nd, where I will get weighed and measured and get more shots.
Momma has been reading about Baby Led Weaning, and also about incorporating solids into my diet. I'm very interested in food and get pretty angry when Momma and Dad eat. Grandma Mary Anne got me these cool feeders that Momma can drop fruit or veggies into and I can eat them without worry of choking.
So far I've had pear, apple and cucumber in them. I like them all. Momma has also pureed pears and carrots for me, and I've had avocado. Today, she gave me a frozen green bean, which I thoroughly enjoyed (the cold felt nice on my gums!) When she gives me purees, I insist on feeding myself.
I'm also babbling more regularly. I make a lot of "dadadadada" noises...and have started to put some "lllllsss" into my speech as well.
I'm sitting up by myself, though I cant pull myself into a sitting position yet. I'm also really interested in getting mobile, but have no idea how to do it, so I face plant a lot. I hate being on my tummy, so Momma is worried that I will not learn to crawl, and that I will scoot instead. There's nothing wrong with me scooting instead of crawling, but it is kinda weird. She and Dad are working on getting me to use my arms more and be comfortable on my tummy.
I'm still not sleeping through the night, but Momma has been reading that its normal. She still wishes I'd give her 4 or 5 consecutive hours. She also wishes I would sleep in my crib, but my new favorite place to sleep is in her lap. I've also started to enjoy sleeping on their bed, but only in the mornings, and usually while Dad sings to me and rocks me gently. I'm a terrible sleeper. Momma has her fingers crossed that I will change. She and Dad are gonna start me on a bedtime routine to see if it makes any difference.
This is me, on their bed. Dont I look comfy?
Momma thinks I am turning into quite a handsome young man. What do you think?







Neiko is too adorable and I love all of the postings. I hope he will try to learn to sleep in his own bed and make it through the night. Good Luck
ReplyDeleteThanks Aunt Patty! When you get the chance, please email me your address. Love you, hope all is well!
Delete