I'm 7 weeks old today! I cant believe how fast time is going by. It seems like just yesterday Momma and Dad brought me home from the hospital. That could just be my poor understanding of the passage of time though.
I've been going through a growth spurt the past few days. They make me really fussy and I cluster feed. Cluster feeding is when I eat every 30 minutes or less for hours at a time. Momma and I spend a lot of time together during my growth spurts.
Two days ago I developed diarrhea. My parents thought it was from my Zantac, but when Momma called the pediatrician, she said it was more likely a viral infection and to watch for fever or blood in my stool. She said it should disappear in 7-10 days and to make sure I stay hydrated. I'm feeling better today though, and since I didnt have any other symptoms, Momma is convinced that it was the Zantac that did it.
I have an appointment to see a pediatric GI next Weds. We want to make sure that my reflux isnt a symptom of an underlying gastro issue and see what the deal is with all my gassiness.
I'll be posting pictures of my baby shower within the next few days, so you can all see how adorable I looked. I slept or ate the entire time, but everyone else seemed to have a great time.
My Momma's friend Shannon got me an awesome play mat that I'm quite taken with. Its got animals that hang from it and a mirror that attaches to it, and its super colorful! Now that I am 7 weeks old, I can recognize patterns and shapes, so it is a really fascinating place for me to spend time.
Also, I'm finally big enough to wear the cloth diapers Momma got for me (and Grandma Mary Anne got a red pair and a brown pair for me too!)
They're called little Gdiapers. They have disposable, biodegradable inserts that can be flushed, trashed or composted. The cotton outside is soft and absorbent and colorful! The only downside is having a "g" on my butt.
Anyway, time for me to take another nap. I've actually been napping today, which is very unusual for me. Yesterday I was up from 8am to 8pm with short 10 minute naps every 4 hours or so. Today I've already taken 2 hour and a half long naps and feel ready for another one now.
This is what I look like when I sleep. Cute, right?



No comments:
Post a Comment