About Me:

I was born July 11th, 2012 at 11:23 pm. This is my blog.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Tiny Tummy Trouble


My tummy has been driving me crazy!  At first, I had a hard time pooping.  I finally got that figured out, and then Mommy noticed that I was making a lot of gulping noises and arching my back a lot.  She did some research online and realized I probably have silent reflux.  Silent reflux is a lot like regular acid reflux, except that I dont spit up.  Instead, when the acid travels up my esophagus, I swallow it back down.  In the long term it can cause damage to my esophagus.  She took me to the doctor and the doctor prescribed me Zantac.  


When I dont feel well, Grandma Gale gives me tummy time on my Boppy pillow.  She always helps my tummy feel better.

I dont like taking my Zantac, because it is peppermint flavored and has alcohol in it.  Mommy is going to see if a compounding pharmacy can remove the alcohol and give me a flavorless version.  In addition, Mommy and Dad elevated my bassinet mattress and I get held upright for at least 15 minutes after eating.  


I usually fall right asleep when held upright after eating.  Here I am snoozing away happily.  Hopefully the Zantac will make me feel better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment